Monday, April 15, 2013

2nd Grade Spotlight

Good afternoon!

2nd graders have been hard at work. I love working with 2nd grade for a few reasons: their enthusiasm, their skill level (seems like a big jump from 1st grade), and how sweet they are. :) I wanted to share a few projects we've been working on...

The first is a clay project based on Van Gogh's landscape paintings. I found this on Pinterest, and the original source of inspiration was over at artprojectsforkids.org. These pieces are in progress; we will finish painting next week. I love them already though!

The next project is one that we finished a few weeks ago, also based on an Impressionist painter, Claude Monet. This idea was also not my own--I found it on Artsonia (Cathedral School). Students started with a watercolor background, then drew a bridge in pencil. We used oil pastel to layer on the bridge, trees, etc. I love to see their imaginations at work.


That's it for today! Please feel free to comment, follow, and/or pin my pics!

Mrs. E

No comments:

Post a Comment