Friday, April 5, 2013

checking in

Hello friends!

It's been a good long while since I've written on this thing... I've noticed that everything in my life happens in spurts. Not something I'm proud of, so I'm trying a new thing called "consistency." It's a brilliant concept.

The last year of my life has been a series of changes, one after the other. Between switching jobs to buying our first house, I've not had much time to reflect on any of it. I am now officially an art teacher, and the past few months have been so humbling.

Kids can bring out the best and worst in you. Being around 500 students each week can be quite testing on my patience. It is also the most rewarding gift I could ever ask for. I believe God placed me here, with these children, to share His love. The biggest thing I've learned is that it's not about me. And the moment I begin to make it about me, things start to go haywire. My mind gets fuzzy, I feel stressed and overwhelmed, and nothing seems to go right. When I surrender every moment, every lesson, every word that comes out of my mouth to Him, it all falls into place.

Well, that's all I have for now. My brain is fried (being the end of the week), my fingers are tired, and my eyes need a break from this computer screen. Hope you all have a blessed weekend!

Mrs. E

No comments:

Post a Comment