Sunday, August 7, 2011

awakening

Spent all morning at church worshipping, fellowshipping (of course that's a word), and soaking in the message. God is so good. One of the songs we sang this morning is called "Awakening" by Chris Tomlin and the lyrics really hit home with me right now:

For You and You alone
Awake my soul, awake my soul and sing

For the world You love
Awake my soul, awake my soul and sing

I hear Your voice and this is my awakening

A lot of times, like lately, I realize I have been walking through life in a state of complacency. What's worse is that I don't see it until I feel really dry and fragile, like a plant with no water. I want to just absorb God today and all that He has to offer, not for selfish gain, but to be able to fully live. When we are fully alive, we shine a little brighter in this dark world and have the opportunity to share His love with others more freely. By accepting and being filled with His rich love, I am saying, "I trust You completely." Awaken me.

Off to clean the house and get started on a project that's been brewing for over a year. :)

1 comment: