Thursday, October 13, 2011

a whole new world

Wow, it's been awhile. Not that anyone reads this thing! :)

My husband and I have moved into our new "abarnment" (apartment in a barn... get it?), and although there are still some boxes laying around, we're starting to feel a little bit settled in. It is in the middle of the woods, looks out onto two beautiful ponds, and makes me feel like I'm in another world. I love being surrounded by trees, with no lights outside except the stars and the moon. Ahhh.

A lot has been on my mind lately, and I feel a change coming. I'm not sure exactly what God has in store, but this is one of those times where I feel one door slowly closing and another beginning to crack open. I have realized that I might want to be an art teacher. My current job allows me to spend time with kids, although not much time. I would love to be with kids all day, and have the opportunity to do hands-on activities with them that would not be limited to five minutes. I have really enjoyed working here, but it has also opened my eyes to the possibilities for change. I believe everyone should do what they love, what they are passionate about, if at all possible. So I'm still praying about the decision to take some classes, get certified, etc. but I have a peace about it all right now. I don't want to rush into anything. As my dad said, a lot of young people like myself who just got their degree feel this need to take on the world and rush into trying different things. I don't want to make a quick decision when really I have the rest of my life, but I also know I should chase after my dreams.

Last week, we returned from a trip to upstate New York, where the trees are gigantic and their leaves are turning into colors I've never seen before. The grass is ridiculously green there, because they don't have a drought problem like here. The vacation was awesome, and I didn't feel like I really needed it until I got there. I was able to clear my mind, enjoy time with family and meet new people, and soak up the beautiful surroundings. Being in that type of environment does something to me. I feel rejuvenated, alive, and peaceful. I really thank God for vacations because I think He often gets our attention there.

Our new place is kind of like that. It's quiet out there, there are no noisy neighbors, honking horns, or stoplights. I love it, and I know that God wants us there. I can already say it is a blessing in so many ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment