Wednesday, October 26, 2011

so much to say

Some days I really don't have much to say. Actually, most days. I guess today is different, because I want nothing more than to ramble to my computer screen.

There's so mcuh going on in my head that it's hard to articulate. This is partly becuase I am an introvert, which I already knew, but didn't realize that was why I have a hard time articulating until I started reading The Introvert Advantage by Marti Olsen Laney. {I think that was a horrible run-on sentence. Sorry.} I really have learned a lot about myself, my family, and my friends, and I'm only halfway through the book. The book mainly talks about the differences between introverts and extroverts, which outnumber us "innies" three to one. Very intriguing and insightful. Nooooow I know why when I open up an invitation in the mail I want to throw it away... because I am overstimulated in social gatherings and tire out after about five minutes. This also explains why everyone in my family would ask me at the dinner table growing up, "Kiley, are you zoned out again?" "Yes" was my response. Too much talking, too much to process, and I just needed a break. This also explains why in confrontations or serious conversations I tend to get overwhelmed and have absolutely no response at the time. Later, I can come up with all sorts of responses, after I have mulled it over like a true introvert.

If you are still reading, I applaud you.

On another note, I did some painting today. Tried uploading the images but was having problems with my mobile device (sometimes it's more fun to use unpopular terms, instead of cell phone). Anywho, the paintings and drawings I did were for church--they may or may not end up being used. But they were abstract nativity scenes to possibly be used around Christmas time. Christmastime? I think it's two words.

My car made horrible squeaking noises this morning. I called my dad and he said it was probably the fan belt. The way the conversation started was: "You know when you're at a stop light and you hear a car coming from a mile away because it's making that obnoxious squeaking noise?" His response: "Yeah..." "Well, my car is making that noise. Do you know what it is?" I often overreact to things. Dad has numerous times called me a drama queen, and I don't take offense to it. My husband has seen this side of me plenty of times as well. Now I laugh about it and dramatize things all the more. :)

Welp, time's up. Not that I don't have more ramblings in my head (did you know that women can have seven thoughts going in their heads at one time?), just that I have things to do, places to go, and people to see. Then I will indulge in some lovely down time later this evening.

Hope you enjoyed my ramblings.

Kiley

No comments:

Post a Comment